Source: http://jobs.gamasutra.com/job/senior-so ... rnia-25779
Activision Blizzard, headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, is the premier worldwide publisher of interactive entertainment software. Activision Blizzard’s portfolio includes such best-selling video game franchises as Activision Publishing’s Call of Duty, Spider-Man, X-Men, James Bond, and Transformers, in addition to Blizzard Entertainment’s StarCraft, Diablo, Warcraft and the #1 subscription based massively multi-player online role-playing game, World of Warcraft. Activision Blizzard is the umbrella organization over Activision Publishing and Blizzard Entertainment, providing corporate shared services, such as Legal, HR, Finance, IT, Accounting, Facilities and Sales.
High Moon Studios, part of Activision Blizzard, is developing a high-profile, action-packed title. Based in Carlsbad, CA, we offer a creative and challenging environment that fosters collaboration, mentorship and camaraderie. We're dedicated to making successful high quality games, and we are looking for outstanding candidates to join our talented team.
SENIOR SOUND DESIGNER (Temporary)
· Design, edit and implement in-game audio assets including music, sound effects and dialogue
· Work with level teams to schedule and create audio assets
· Work collaboratively with the Senior Audio Programmer to design proprietary audio tools
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Solid interpersonal skills; must be able to interact well with other departments.
· Solid troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Continuous learner
· Ability to exercise independent judgment
· Adapts well to change
· 6+ years’ experience in the games industry
· 4 or more shipped titles in a sound design role
· Strong sound design and critical listening skills
· Proficient with modern studio hardware/software, recording techniques, and software such as Pro Tools, Sound Forge, and Soundminer
· Proficient with field recording gear and techniques
· Knowledge and understanding of game audio techniques and audio production fundamentals
· Must be a passionate gamer who is knowledgeable about current industry trends, practices, and news
· Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
· Degree or Certificate in Audio Engineering and/or Music
· Knowledge of next-generation console audio hardware
Get creative feedback or just tell us your cat's name. Anything goes here!
1 post • Page 1 of 1