"Our Ambient World" SFX Library [Contributor Thread]

Contribute or start a crowdsource project here.
MikeQuell
Site Admin

Re: Contributor Thread - "Our Ambient World" SFX Library

Post by MikeQuell » December 15th, 2013, 10:44 pm

Quick update -

I tried uploading the library as a single .rar/.zip file but most cloud storage services have a max file size of 10GB per file (the file was 25GB zipped). I decided to upload the library as individual files in a single folder on Google Drive. The files are currently uploading, but slowly. 140 files to go out of the 250+. It looks like I will probably be able to send out a link to everyone by Wednesday if things are going smoothly during the day job. My goal is to have the link sent by Friday at the latest. Once everything is uploaded it should be fairly easy to download for everyone. That's one thing Google Drive makes pretty simple.

Thanks for the patience!

-Mike

MikeQuell
Site Admin

Post by MikeQuell » December 17th, 2013, 4:06 pm

Upload finished yesterday. Should be sending out the invites to share the files later tonight (hopefully). :D

MikeQuell
Site Admin

Post by MikeQuell » December 17th, 2013, 9:30 pm

Everyone (almost) who contributed should now have an email with a link to the library on Google Drive.

It looks like I might have lost 9-10 emails during this craziness so that's the reason for my "almost". If you contributed a recording and didn't get an email please respond here with the date you shared your Google Drive file/folder. I'll get you hooked up as soon as possible.

Enjoy everyone!

-Mike

Javier_Umpierrez
Intern

Post by Javier_Umpierrez » December 18th, 2013, 8:17 am

Thanks for taking the time to do this.
Cool project.

Daftfader
Intern

Post by Daftfader » December 18th, 2013, 8:44 am

Hi

I'm having a problem downloading all of the files. I have 126 items synced to my 'google drive' desktop folder, but there are another 130 that are 'unsyncable'.

I have restarted the machine and google drive and have 613Gb spare on the drive where they're going to. It comes up with 'Download error - An Unknown issue has occured'.

Is this just me, or is anyone else having a problem?

Cheers
Al.

MikeQuell
Site Admin

Post by MikeQuell » December 18th, 2013, 9:00 am

Daftfader wrote:Hi

I'm having a problem downloading all of the files. I have 126 items synced to my 'google drive' desktop folder, but there are another 130 that are 'unsyncable'.

I have restarted the machine and google drive and have 613Gb spare on the drive where they're going to. It comes up with 'Download error - An Unknown issue has occured'.

Is this just me, or is anyone else having a problem?

Cheers
Al.
Hmmm, I'll take a look and see if I get that. Everything uploaded fine and there are 256 files total. So not sure what it is.

MikeQuell
Site Admin

Post by MikeQuell » December 18th, 2013, 9:02 am

Just a quick heads up. I would download the Google Drive app for you Mac/PC so you can easily sync to the shared folder and have it automatically download to your machine. This will save you time from having to download each file individually.

https://support.google.com/a/answer/2490101?hl=en

Daftfader
Intern

Post by Daftfader » December 18th, 2013, 9:03 am

MikeQuell wrote:Just a quick heads up. I would download the Google Drive app for you Mac/PC so you can easily sync to the shared folder and have it automatically download to your machine. This will save you time from having to download each file individually.

https://support.google.com/a/answer/2490101?hl=en

I have this already. Once it stopped syncing I tried to individually download the missing files and that works fine. Very curious.

Thanks
Al.
Last edited by Daftfader on December 18th, 2013, 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

MikeQuell
Site Admin

Post by MikeQuell » December 18th, 2013, 9:09 am

I haven't tried this with this amount of files but you might be able to just check-box all the files and then click the "More" drop-down arrow option and select download. This will zip the contents and email you when it's ready to be downloaded.

Make sure you scroll down the page so all the files are selected. the web interface seems to only select what's visible/loaded on screen.

Daftfader
Intern

Post by Daftfader » December 18th, 2013, 9:14 am

MikeQuell wrote:I haven't tried this with this amount of files but you might be able to just check-box all the files and then click the "More" drop-down arrow option and select download. This will zip the contents and email you when it's ready to be downloaded.

Make sure you scroll down the page so all the files are selected. the web interface seems to only select what's visible/loaded on screen.
I'll try that now. I usually work with google folders that are always being changed/updated. I've just realised this isn't the case with this one, what's there now is all there's going to be......... until the next one.

Cheers
Al.